10.01.2009

I'm a few days late on this: Glamour















Wow. Just...wow. I have a new girlcrush, and I'm def buying the November Glamour. I haven't read it before but I think I may have to start, if this is a trend.


They featured a small inset of a regular sized woman. It was met with such applause, they are doing a November feature on regular women. Check out the image on the article:




These chicks are smokin' hot. And I will admit I teared up at seeing girls my size, unairbrushed into oblivion and beautiful. This is what the rest of us look like naked. And it can be beautiful.
It all apparently started with this photo:

This is Lizzie Miller, a 20-something model who they used in the inset shot. She's amazing.

I really hope it's a trend and not just a one-and-done for the magazine. Show all types of bodies, please, not just airbrushed size 0s...it looks and feels so good.








2 comments:

  1. I've always been a fan of plus-size models! There's a great site with many images of plus-size models here:

    http://www.judgmentofparis.com/

    They're all gorgeous.

    The site's forum also has thought-provoking discussions about body image and the media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. And thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete